That is kind of an inside joke too, because I have had two girls with the EXACT same initials as each other; although I dated them 4-years apart. They both liked “squaring” their names too. Anyway, I woke up on Friday morning before 1 and my throat was completely on fire. It made working very difficult yesterday. I don’t like working sick, but I had specific duties yesterday so couldn’t have missed barring a bone break or the like.
I can’t go to Boot Camp this morning, because I’m still sore in the throat, and my chest hurts. I’m way better though and went back to sleep this morning and slept until 7. I feel like a different person in comparison to last night though. This pattern happened last right before my two-week vacation in December. I was sicker than hell that Friday night and got better by sleeping a ton. I was soooo sick. I did the same thing as now and that was get a ton of sleep to rid myself of it. I had just a week earlier told my ex that I couldn’t approximate dating with her back in December… It was a week before this winter started.
The second s is snow! It’s doing it again. I’m so glad. If it would do it once a week through mid-April, we could get some water into our reservoirs. I’m just going to hope for that. I don’t want my climbing season to be shitty. I don’t want to look west and see smoke and have the hills and mountains be obscured. I know that is the natural cycle of things, but I want to raise my son where we have real seasons and definitely this beautiful snow. Yay.
She texted me twice yesterday. I didn’t text her back, but when I got done with clients, I found the original article that I had read which gave her the answer to one of the texts that she had sent. I wrote the word (answer) in the subject line and attached the article link. We are NOT BFF. There are so many reasons for that too, which I shall list here:
- We didn’t work as partners because she criticizes and controls
- I have TONS of friends who I simply have a good “show-up” factor in terms of our relationships
- I don’t want to drive up there. The peak that she lives next to is not one that I ever want to climb, and there are PLENTY of places to snowshoe here
- When I talk to her, there is very little joy that is emitted from her… She may laugh once or twice, but is really serious
- I can’t think of anything that she complained about me that wasn’t something that she was, in fact, doing
- My son doesn’t miss her, but misses her son
- She would benefit from finding peace, but tranquility is not typically found in interactions with your ex
- We don’t see the demise of our relationship in the same way
- We don’t find the same types of people fascinating, and her friends are not very funny less the girl who introduced us
- She didn’t love me enough to learn strategies to resolve conflicts, alternate driving, or do something on a date that I thought of or planned
So, no thanks. We are cool, but we are not friends. We don’t have interactions with people in the same way, and I seek happiness, laughter, and connection. I don’t feel happy around her, and I’m no longer connected to her. My shrink said it’s because she gets scared, but I don’t intimidate or compete with others, so I’m not the scary one frankly.